Thursday, July 21, 2011

visions from May



I just stumbled upon this clip of Jose 
from May when we played at UCLA's Royce Hall.
I thought I'd share this video (shot by Eddie Ruvalcava)
because it reminded me that no matter how hard I'm
working, I can be working harder. The video takes place 
around 10 pm. We arrived at UCLA at 4 pm
and I don't think he put his trumpet down until 830 pm, after we had
performed two sets (one which took place under blistering sun rays).
Jose and I watched Preservation Jazz hall, and when they played their last 
encore, he went right back to playing. warming up for our next set. 
He's only been playing trumpet (seriously) for almost a year and a half.
ah, dedication. brass are amongst the hardest instruments to play.


I'm almost finished with my painting for July. 
I thought I would have it finished much sooner, but you know,
Things Happen...
Look for the entry for the giveaway within the next day or so.
Tomorrow I go to the courthouse awards ceremony 
for that art show I'm in...I'll let you know how it goes. fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment