Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Landscape and other news

After over twenty hours of work,
ladies and gentlemen,
without further adieu,
I present to you 
my landscape.


This painting in particular was quite a feat.
I found that it's difficult to jump back into a painting 
 after a year without progress.
I'm just in a different place I was when I began to paint it. 
When I started painting this piece, 
I was still fairly new to painting with oil and I had a very old
collection of cheap brushes. 
Overall, I like how It turned out. Of course there are still things I 
would like to fix, but I have to move on.

In other news, I had strep throat for an entire week.
Which means I'm seven days behind on my June painting and
I'm going to have to bust my butt for the remainder of the month.
I will put up the entry post for my June giveaway 
later this week and might extend the giveaway 
into the first week of July. we'll see...

also,
I'm going to be in a juried art show 
put on by the National Arts Program
at the Superior Court of California
thanks to my wonderful step-monster Michele ;)
 I entered these two in the contest.



I will be attending the ceremony on July 22nd at 12 pm.
The exhibit will be up from July 1st until August.
first prize is $300.00
wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. You will win. You are already a winner in my book. OMG I sound like Bo.
    From Jill

    ReplyDelete