Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Sketches of July

This past week I've been taking things
fairly slow. Sunday was the last "meet me at the metro"
gig with Killsonic (huge sign of relief). While it was fun, The days were
hot, the drives were long, and by the time we were finished 
playing I was exhausted. The media was present all four days 
and captured all of our performances. I'm hoping something
will surface within the next week or so. 

I've finished the sketch for July!!! Below are some photographs of some
 sketches I did and a peek into how I get from initial concept to finished sketch. 
I'm hoping to start painting tonight after we come home from our 
second round of recording at the Hobby Shop with Killsonic.
If you'd like to come along with us tonight
I'll be posting photos and video on my twitter.

my initial concept. 
figuring out the seahorse and composition
For a day or so I was going to put her in a submarine.
I couldn't get past the idea of a coral beach/desert.
final sketch before I transfer the image onto the board.

No comments:

Post a Comment