Friday, July 1, 2011

Thinkspace

Yesterday I went to Thinkspace.


LC (one of the gallery owners) reviews portfolios 
three thursdays a month. I went for the first time 14 months ago
when the gallery was still located in Silverlake.
LC told me that my backgrounds were secondary to my characters,
 meaning I didn't put as much time and effort into what was 
going on behind my characters. Which was completely
true and not something I'd really thought about.
So as a "homework" assignment he asked me to do a 
large landscape painting and bring it back to him when I was finished.
(he also put one of my paintings in a cannibal flower show!!)

The landscape took quite a while. 
I had other shows I was apart of and band stuff,
and I didn't really buckle down until a few months ago.
I finally finished the landscape in between my monthly paintings
and was ready to go back to Thinkspace.

The Gallery's new location is in Culver City.

After sitting in traffic for 45 minutes in 90 degree weather
We finally arrived at the gallery with most of the art I've created 
since the last time I saw him. He wasn't there. He wasn't there!!
I guess they changed the walk-in days to fridays...
(cough) their website the day still says Thursday.
I was my fault for not calling. a stupid mistake. oh well.
Now I'm going to have to wait until July 22nd.
This time I'll make sure and call ahead :)
lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment