Monday, November 28, 2011

Wrapped

Have I told you what a creative gift wrapper I am?
I usually spend little to no money on wrapping gifts!
On Saturday, I went to my friends (we've been best friends since we were 5, 
but have only seen each other once within the past 7 years) Bridal Shower. 
I've never been to a Bridal Shower before and had no idea what to get her. 
For her engagement party I drew her a little family portrait, and for her 
wedding I'm making her something super awesome (at least I think it is)
I wanted to get her something she could use for her new life, something 
that wasn't handmade by me (I almost never buy "real" gifts). I settled 
on a gift card to one of the places she was registered. The salesman gave me 
a boring blank white card with the information about how much was on 
the card, and who it was from. I ended up coving the gift card with 
watercolor paper and drawing a flower on it with India Ink. I also got her 
a little tin of "wedding tea" (how cool is that?) which I wrapped in a 
brown paper Trader Joe's bag and placed on top of the glass bowl. 
This is my absolute favorite wrapping job yet! 


1 comment: