Friday, October 8, 2010

Death Sketches

One afternoon, as I was waiting in a parking lot in the silver hills of Calabasas, a flash of white from what I thought was a black abandoned hat, caught my eye. Upon closer inspection, I found that the black hat was actually a crow. The crow was huddled in between the pavement of the parking lot and a oversized concrete planter, that held several deep-rooted trees and various flowers. The bird was only a few inches from the wall I was sitting on and looked like it was sleeping. not dead because it would move a little every now and then. But the eye was the truly fascinating feature. It would flash from ink black to milky white over and over again. like a projector. After I realized the crow was dying, and I couldn't save it, I decided to draw it. these are those sketches. 


No comments:

Post a Comment