Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Landscape Peek (part 3)


The second layer of this ginormous painting is nearly finished.
I still have to go over the plants in the left hand corner 
and the water under the bridge.
This layer was difficult, but I learned quite a bit.
1. wait until the paint is completely dry 
before you start to paint over it.
2. I can finish a whole layer of paint on this landscape in 10 days.
3. It's kind of fun to stay up painting all night and go 
to estate sales at 8 am.
4. I'm a little obsessed with pink at the moment, 
I'm sure it this phase will pass.
5. If it doesn't feel right, DO NOT try and make it work.
I have to trust my instincts. 
I spent an entire night (over five hours)
trying to turn the candles into some type of flower.
The photo is a little ridiculous. I blame it on 
lack of sleep. I think I was somewhat delusional.
Heres a photo so you can laugh along with me.



You can check out peek one here
and peek two here 

I took the candles out because they no longer 
served any purpose, and just felt off.
Originally, the painting was going to go from morning (left)
to night (right). I chose to change my original concept
because It wasn't as dramatic as I originally envisioned. 

I've taken a few days off from painting, and drawn
out some concepts for May (of which I'll be sharing soon),
but now its back to work. I have to finish May
as soon as possible so I can get back to the landscape
and finish it by June so I can then take it to LC at Thinkspace.
I'm hoping I can do all this. May also happens 
to be a very busy moth for Killsonic.
Wish me luck!



No comments:

Post a Comment