Friday, September 9, 2011

Harmony in Harlem

 José took some amazing photographs, and even better
video (which I hope to show you soon). These are a few of my 
favorite pictures from our trip to New York.
note: there are no pictures of killsonic because Jose never took the 
camera when we played. These are all from when
it was just the two of us.

 José and I on the plane
 Me(left) Luis (center) and Frank (right)
waiting for a train at 3am on 
a 115 degree subway platform.
José. Self portrait number one.
 The L train. This is how I walked around a majority of the trip.
Brooklyn. Down the street from where we stayed the first two nights.
 There's just something about taxidermed animals.
 they make great subjects for sketching.
 and cool compositions for photographs.
 see? there's just something magical about them. 
I love the silhouettes of the two kids in the center.
 I need one of these headdresses.
 It was tough to draw in a tiny sketchbook while standing.
I was relived to find a place to sit for a bit.
 José. Self-portrait number two.
 The aztec/mayan art was my favorite.
the intricate design, the animals, 
the gold, and all wrapped
into one!
 The Chinese wedding carriage, took my breath away.
I kind of wish he was real...
 José. Self-portrait number three.
 storm chasing.
 The military was crawling all over Manhattan. 
 Times Square. Saturday night. 8:30 pm. not a soul in sight.
 Irene's coming!!!
The entire city was shut down. Windows were taped up,
but the lights still shone bright :)
 The day after Irene hit. Driving into New Jersey with my cousins.
 The exoskeleton of the weirdest bug i've ever seen.
It kind of looked like a frog. with claws?
 The winds of Bedminster. 
 Repeat caption above.
 Harlem.
Taco mix in Harlem.
 There were several artists painting throughout the Metropolitan Museum 
of art. I just love everything about this photograph.
 The paintings were HUGE!!!
 I could have looked at this Rembrant painting for hours.
The religious paintings were pretty gruesome.



No comments:

Post a Comment